1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Barred Rock Confusion

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 3ducks4chicks, May 10, 2016.

1. 3ducks4chicks

3ducks4chicks New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    central pa
    Padfoot[​IMG]
    Petunia [​IMG]
    Powder [​IMG]

The crew [​IMG]
    Hi! I am new and i have read lots of good stuff about a duck w wry neck (thats another story) and i have 3 barred rock chicks and 1 mystery chick and I'm wondering if you folks can help me tell if theyre roos or gals. Geez they're hard to get pics of...

2. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    Pullets. Can't see the white bird. All a blur. Almost looks to have some black on wing tips. Might be a Light/Columbian variety. Without knowing it's comb type there is nothing to go on to ID it. There is Light Sussex (white legs), Light Brahma (feather legs), Columbian Wyandotte (rose comb) and Columbian Plymouth Rock (yellow skin, single comb) and then there is Delaware.

3. 3ducks4chicks

3ducks4chicks New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    central pa
    Thank you!! Yeah she (hopefully) is not big on staying still. Here is powder, i uploaded the same pic twice.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by