Barred Rock Critique?

SunshineSteedFarm

Seramatching Equestrian
10 Years
Aug 18, 2009
Georgia
Hello, I thought I would come here to maybe have a critique on my Barred Rock hen. I am just curious to what others think. It wont hurt my feelings knowing the truth
wink.png

Some history on her is that we go her for free from a lady who couldnt afford to keep her. And she has been with us ever since laying beautiful brown eggs for us.
smile.png

(sorry about the messy background. they are from the winter and the coop was a mess.)

bonnie.jpg

bonnie2.jpg

Thank you and have a lovely afternoon!
Sunshine
smile.png

Thanks!
Teehee, yep she is a chubby one! She loves her food
smile.png

But she is the smartest and she knows the best spots to look for bugs, and she doesnt share the spots with anyone else. So she is a heavy girl.
big_smile.png

I think she's very nice. I agree, she's not show quality, but neither is mine. Mine is a big girl too.
lol.png
My girl is always the first to come take bugs from me. I find a caterpillar or a grasshopper (or lately a hornworm
sickbyc.gif
I hate those things!) and she's the first to come get it.

new2chooks: Thank you! eeek! Hornworms? Yuck, I do not like those things.lol

roosterdog: Really any type of critique. Like the quality of her barring, comb, etc.
smile.png
Thank you!

I think she's very pretty.

Where are the "specs" on what show quality plymouth rocks should look like? I have Silver Pencil PR's and want to improve my line but I have no idea what a show quality PR looks like.

Quote:
Oh, but the chickens think they are delicious! I won't even touch the things when they get as big as my pinky finger. So I tear off the stem they are on and drag in between the hornworm and the stem against the fence until they fall down to the chickens. I'd toss the whole thing in there, but tomato plants are toxic, so I'm not taking any chances there.

Back
Top Bottom