Barred Rock & Easter Egger Roosters in Southern California

unicornsss

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 5, 2014
Elizabeth Lake, CA
Hi guys,
I have two guys that I'm looking to re-home. Pierre (Barred Rock) & Dudley (Easter Egger) are under 1 year old. They were raised together since they were day old chicks. We were hoping to keep them, but we can't get our no-crow collars to work and the morning crowing is making the neighbors not too happy. They're spunky boys with personality. They've never shown an aggression towards my husband or I. They also haven't shown any aggression towards our three dogs who commonly mingle with the hens. Even the Chihuahua who likes to share the watermelon treats with the hens doesn't get a ride out of them. We are located in the Lake Hughes/Elizabeth Lake are between Lancaster and Santa Clarita (5 & 14 freeways). I don't mind delivering or meeting you halfway depending on distance! Let me know if anyone has any advice on rehoming these sweet boys or wants to take them!
Thanks!

I forgot to upload pics of the beautiful boys!

Any luck finding a home(s)?

Did you look up the collars of YouTube? There is one where the guy shows exactly how to get it. And they have to be pretty snug, with the tip of your pinky fitting through the top and bottom. It took us a month, at least, to get the collar properly fitted. Also, beware of large foods and pellets.

Last edited:
None yet.

I've watched the video a million times. The one where the guy sings Elvis songs to his rooster? Lol. I've been trying for about two weeks. I get it on there tight, what I can't seem to find is the exact right spot I guess? Doesn't help that the boys don't cooperate during the process...

It's tough to get it right. I found lower works well.

I know how hard it is to find a home for a rooster, never mind two! Have you tried the local 4H?

Back
Top Bottom