Barred Rock ? Grey feet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Albanese07, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Albanese07

Albanese07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Florida
    I bought a chick that's supposed to be a barred rock but she has grey feet? Could she be a barred rock or more likely another breed? I bought her from a local feed store. She's about 6 weeks old .

2. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    When they are chicks, they start off with a black wash over their legs, as they get older (if they truly are Rocks) they will loose the wash and become more yellow. Cockerels generally loose the wash earlier than the pullets as well.

3. Albanese07

Mar 20, 2012
    Florida
    Thank you! I guess it is good she still has the black wash, praying she is a she !

4. Coop Deville

Coop Deville Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    Don't worry about the black coloration on the legs. I got three barred rock chicks for Christmas. They had similar spots on their heads, but I could tell them apart because one had a lot of black wash on both legs, the second had a little less, and the third had wash on one leg and none on the other. They're all healthy three-month-old barred rock hens today.

5. Albanese07

Mar 20, 2012
    Florida
    Thank you! I noticed a little yellow comming through today, mot much but it's there! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by