barred rock hen 30 weeks old and still not laying

sandmbaker

Songster
7 Years
Jul 27, 2012
Illinois
Hi all,
my barred rock is 30 weeks old and still has not layed an egg she is pretty big and looks as mature as my other hens that are laying. I am positive on the age of her as I hatched her myself and have kept record of her age. Is it normal for them to be this age and still not lay an egg?

I was just going to post this same question. My BR is 7 months and no eggs yet. She's a big girl and is very happy and healthy. I'm going to have a talk with her today about earning her keep! :)

I was just going to post this same question. My BR is 7 months and no eggs yet. She's a big girl and is very happy and healthy. I'm going to have a talk with her today about earning her keep!
smile.png

I already tried talking to mine. she cocks her head and looks at me like im stupid. lol

Pics of comb and wattles would help tell if near POL. And days are shortening, they need about 14hrs of "daylight" to keep/start laying.

tonight I went out to take some pics and when I reached for her she squatted! this is the first time I have seen her do this usually she runs away.

Back
Top Bottom