barred rock hen looking very pale

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ninabl, Aug 11, 2011.

1. ninabl

ninabl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2010
    franklin ky
    i have several barred rocks nad i noticed about a week ago one of my hens legs were looking kind of pale. then i noticed today her legs and feet are almost white and she is looking pale in her face to. i will try to get some pics of her when she comes in from free range. she is acting normal and still hanging out with the other hens. just wondering if i should have the wife make some dumplings or if she will be alright. her legs were a nice yellow color.
    thanks

2. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    You should try and worming and delousing program if you haven't already. Also try feeding some cat food to her for some protein.

3. ninabl

Nov 3, 2010
    franklin ky
    ok i will try the cat food tomorror. no i havent tryed worming. what kind of things give chickens worms? wonder if my neghbors trash might. they have ben throwing there trash out on the outher side of there trailer instead of paying for pickup.

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Could be the heat affecting her.

5. ninabl

Nov 3, 2010
    franklin ky
    could be that to. didnt think about it. im asuming your talking about a wet catfood? i had some dry catfood i just through out and they had no interest in it.

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Bring her in the house overnight (cooler), and make her some French Toast, give her some electrolytes, and see how she looks in the morning. (Not to mention that your chickens should be wormed and dusted for bugs.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by