Barred rock: hen or roo

Which is "she"?

• Total voters

Bigcmagers

Hatching
Jun 16, 2017
I see this on here all the time! Is my barred rock a hen or a rooster. "Her" comb isnt bigger than i have seen on others online. But just big enough for me to worry. All 4 of my ladies are about 12 weeks old. Maybe more. I honestly cant remember. Just looking for clarification.

Attachments

Bigcmagers

Hatching
Jun 16, 2017
Not thw worst thing in the world, wife will be distraught witb this, it was her girl lol

aglandaetap

Songster
Apr 26, 2017
Bridgeport CT
I have a Barred Rock (hopefully a pullet) that is 9.5 weeks old and she has some lacing in her chest feathers. I know she's not a purebred based on that fact. So what else could she be mixed with to have such lacing? Any ideas?. I heard of "commercial blacks" that are basically BR mixes too. I wonder if my bird is one of those?

Attachments

TheKindaFarmGal

Free Ranging
May 4, 2016
Somewhere in the Universe
I have a Barred Rock (hopefully a pullet) that is 9.5 weeks old and she has some lacing in her chest feathers. I know she's not a purebred based on that fact. So what else could she be mixed with to have such lacing? Any ideas?. I heard of "commercial blacks" that are basically BR mixes too. I wonder if my bird is one of those?
There's quite a few options...where is she from?

Top Bottom