Chikpeas

Chirping
May 30, 2021
Idaho
Just had to share the funny little anomaly that is Owl, our little Barred Plymouth Rock girl. When she was a chick, she had just a bit of fluff on both her legs that went away fairly quickly. But now, at 8 weeks, she has grown two little feathers on only one foot. It is the funniest looking thing, and I assume that at some point, a cuckoo maran must've snuck into her family line :lol:

Was just curious on everyone else's thoughts
IMG_20230427_184418.jpg

Just had to share the funny little anomaly that is Owl, our little Barred Plymouth Rock girl. When she was a chick, she had just a bit of fluff on both her legs that went away fairly quickly. But now, at 8 weeks, she has grown two little feathers on only one foot. It is the funniest looking thing, and I assume that at some point, a cuckoo maran must've snuck into her family line :lol:

Was just curious on everyone else's thoughts View attachment 3484792
Could I see a full pic? Is it possible she’s mixed?

Oh she's cute! Those yellow legs are definitely barred rock. I would agree that would make sense if some cuckoo got in there somewhere.. many people confuse them- the leg color is a give away thought.
Yeah every indication I saw pinned her as a barred rock, other than her two little foot feathers. Sounds like she's got a grandpa cuckoo 😂

Was just curious on everyone else's thoughts View attachment 3484792
Those are the chicken equivalent to her "bling". Very cute 🥰

Back
Top Bottom