Barred Rock or Black Sex Link?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sanchoman, Apr 17, 2011.

1. sanchoman

sanchoman Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2009
    Orlando, fl
    I had a RIR Rooster and a Barred Rock rooster in my coop with a couple of Barred Rock hens.

The BR rooster was MEAN as all get outta here... so I only had him for about 1 week.

I hatched out a few eggs and I have what appear to be 4 black chicks with 1 white spot on their head, yellow feet and other white spots such as wing tip or under belly.

I have 1 ALL black with dark colored legs. To make matters worse I also had an EE roo in there that didn't get along with my RIR roo so after 2 months I let him go to someone who wanted him.

So I'm not sure what I have...

Any ideas?

I am charging my camera and will get some pics up tomorrow... but any ideas?

2. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    Barred Rocks have yellow spots on the head.

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    It is going to be hard to tell since both Barred Rocks and sex-link roosters have the white spot on there head.

Chris

4. DebB11

DebB11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Do BR have yellow on head and BSL have white? I have 4 chicks that had the spots on their heads but when you looked at them from behind and not above it appeared yellow, not white. Still trying to determine WHICH breed I have.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

No, the spot can be yellowish or white, it varies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by