1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Barred Rock Pullet-TSC Bantam Or Not Bantam?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sparrow, May 18, 2008.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Songster

Apr 11, 2008
    [​IMG]

That is my little girl named Pickle. The guys at TSC swore up and down she came out of the Bantam Assortment, but they also sold me a Buff Rock as a Bantam who is becoming a regular sized Roo. [​IMG] He is gorgeous though.

Anyway, Pickle is 4-5 weeks old in this pic I took tonight of her sitting on my hand. My hand is folded strangely in the photo(for her comfort) but I was just wondering if she looks to be a Bantam or a full-sized chickie. I know she came from Privett Hatchery, and they advertise Barred Rock Bantams, but I'm just curious to know what you guys think.

2. knippk

knippk Songster

May 15, 2008
    Grayson KY
    Well.......Looks like a standard to me.....and i would say a rooster too:(

3. Sparrow

Sparrow Songster

Apr 11, 2008
    ^^That's what I was afraid of, too, but the other Barred Rock(supposed Bantam) I bought with her has a much bigger, redder comb and much more wattles. He also picks fights with my Buff Rock cockerel and Pickle does not, so I think she is likely just a comb-ey looking hen. *crosses fingers*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: