Barred rock - Pullet?

sawyerashton

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 18, 2012
South Louisiana
My Coop
My Coop
Here are some pictures of my BR pullets. There is one which seems to have a lot more white, but the dark parts are just as dark as the rest. She just looks a bit different, but I do suspect that she hatched a day before the others. Is it possible that she is a he? I hope not, but figured I'd ask just in case.

The front one is the chick in question.

A closer view

All of them together. The front one is the one in question.

They would not sit still for the picture so I'm sorry if this is a waste of time due to these bad pictures.

Here are some pictures of my BR pullets. There is one which seems to have a lot more white, but the dark parts are just as dark as the rest. She just looks a bit different, but I do suspect that she hatched a day before the others. Is it possible that she is a he? I hope not, but figured I'd ask just in case.

The front one is the chick in question.

A closer view

All of them together. The front one is the one in question.

They would not sit still for the picture so I'm sorry if this is a waste of time due to these bad pictures.
Its kinda hard to tell from the pics, but I would say She/He is a Pullet!!
How old are they?

They will be 5 weeks tomorrow. The pictures do suck. Sorry about that. It was hard battling the dog who wanted his picture taken and trying to keep the chickens still.

When I got them in, there was always one that seemed a little more advanced/bigger than the others. I had suspected then that one had hatched a day before the others. They were ordered from Idealpoultry. They are supposed to be all females.

If not, I guess there will be a meal had in one of them.

I'm fairly certain it's a girl!
thumbsup.gif
My BR pullets looked like that at that age. A male would be MUCH lighter!

Edited to change a silly mistake!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom