Barred Rock Roo just crowed for the 1st time... YEA!!! PICS

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by willkatdawson, Dec 8, 2008.

1. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Our Barred Rock Roo named Wilder crowed this am for the first time, they're all 20 weeks old. It was a full on, loud enough to wake the folks near by crow. We are such proud parents. He's so cute and sweet (so far). All his wives think so to. He got the name Wilder because we didn't order a male BR, and when he was little we didn't know he was a boy. We sure knew he was Wilder than the other chicks, so the name stuck.

It's amazing how tall they can get when they want to...
    [​IMG]

His debonair look...notice the "bedroom" eyes...
    [​IMG]

Pretty ladies all in a row...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Your chickens are very pretty and wilder is a very handsome rooster. I love the crowing, I'm not sure if my neighbors are so endeared to it though [​IMG] Congratulations for raising a beautiful boy!

3. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Wow he's a pretty boy! I see 2 "pics of the week" of him!! Hint, hint! [​IMG]

4. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Thanks, we think he's pretty too and really sweet " pretty is as pretty does". Maybe I will send the pic into "pic of the week". I know there's lots of pics for them to choose from so I wouldn't expect to see it there, but it would be fun to send one in anyway...

5. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Hubba Hubaa, love those bedroom eyes! He's a handsome fellow.

6. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Very nice chickens.
    and they look very happy.

7. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

lucky you that it was a full on crow. My roo's first few attempts got me running out of the house to see what was eating him.... I was convinced that he was dying. After a few days he figured it out. pretty chickens.

8. Texas ChickenZ

Texas ChickenZ Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2008
    North Texas
    He's a handsome fella. Ours are only 4 weeks old, so no crowing yet. I am both nervous and anxious about the first crow- don't think one of my neighbors will be happy. Of course that's normal for him, he's never happy.

9. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

great looking chooks! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ILoveJoe

ILoveJoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    He is good looking!

The girls have this 'Satisfied by Wilder' look on their faces....they haven't started smoking cigarettes after he "crows" have they? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by