Barred Rock Rooster? Maybe!!!

SilkieCRZYness

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
Florida
Is this a barred rock rooster mix? I haven't seen one with 1 and a half inch spurs like what he has. Maybe a sexlink roo? Thanks

3d48ff6c.jpg

0083ff8e.jpg

Yeah I'd say production red cross with BR - We once had a rooster we got from someone who had reds and barred chickens together, and everyone told me our new roo was a BR - He looked just like this, and I'm pretty sure it is a cross. Does he have little red feathers here and there? He seems it.

Noticed the white legs. He may be Barred rock crossed with a white Orpington. Or he may not have any Barred Rock. He may be Cocku Maran crossed with something else. Barred Rocks has yellow legs. Oh Ilooked at them 2 pictures again. I noticed the first one has a litlle buff collored leakage in the wing feathers I ghess Barred Rock and Buff Orpington cross.

Thanks everyone! He does have some red leakage mixed in sparsely alot like that rooster that rareroo showed a pic of. An he has the same color legs to. What I don't get is the real upright long tail feathers and the huge spurs, because I've never seen real spurs on a barred rock or a buff orp! Maybe I'm wrong, do sexlink roos have them? I guess he could be anything but not purebred haha

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom