1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Barred Rock Roosters - North Georgia Mountains - Ellijay

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by mtnviewfarms, Oct 14, 2012.

1. mtnviewfarms

mtnviewfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

I have several gorgeous ( not show quality but good utility stock ) 6 and 7 month old BR Roos that I've hatched out and raised. We sell chicks and these are some of the 'left over' males. They are much too nice to 'process' which we will be forced to do soon with any that we are not able to re-home as we are out of space and they are 'stressing out' the pullets with which they are housed. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    They are probably really handsome ones, too. Try posting on your local Craigs list with a photo, as well.

3. BogleFarm

BogleFarm New Egg

Jan 9, 2013
    Greenville, GA
    Do you still have the cockerels? I am looking for at least one.

4. I have 3 BR hens that really would like a rooster at some point! Please let me know if these guys are still available!

5. dixiechickga

dixiechickga Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2014
    I have one BR roo, one copper Maran too, and one black Australorp roo - all born Oct 2013 - can't keep them and need to find them a good forever home.

6. mejiadan7

mejiadan7 New Egg

Jul 20, 2013
    might you sell fertilized eggs??kids and I would like to try hatching some out.
    thanks dan 706-897-1619
    interested in these types copper Maran , and black Australorp , easter eggers,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by