Barred rock sexing.. and real araucanas? =)

featherz

Veggie Chick
13 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Saratoga County, NY
These are from my NYD hatch.. I hatched out 'pure and mixed' araucanas, several of which if you go by the egg could be pure and rumpless/tufted.

Also hatched out 6 barred rocks. The barred rocks are going to a new home whether male or female - two are for sure male with very light coloring, two are much darker so probably female.. Two are ?? - halfway in between. :) Please forgive the poopy ecoglow - they managed to get the shelf liner off last night. :p They are cramped and need to go bye bye. :)

Any guesses? Barred rocks can generally be sexed pretty early, but all of these pretty much have the dark wash so going by color. And the headspots are all over the place. :)

Here's one of my obvious males - very light in color, huge headspot. (and missing an eye poor guy)

Here's mystery chick #1 - male or female in color?

Mystery chick # 2 - same question..

Also, lookie - possible 'real' araucanas? =) Can't tell for sure yet, but the lighter one looks like it might have 'tufts' coming in.. :) Unless they are color sexable, I am not even venturing a guess on sex of these just yet..

Quote:
x3
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom