1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Barred Rock X Roos

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FlightsofFancy, Apr 4, 2008.

1. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    I have a number of Barred Rock Roos that need homes. The Father is 100% BR, Hen was a Sexlink. BR and Silkie. So they will be about 75% BR. They have been handled by children everyday and are totally sweet!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  2. kevin2010

kevin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    tucker wv
    awwwwwwww man i wish i was closer i love barred rocks they are my favorite even if they are mix

3. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    For those who know my roo, Mister - he's the father to these.

[​IMG]

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW what a beautiful roo he is too............ I hatched some and bought some BR's to try and get me a roo.......... hopefully I will have one in the group...

5. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Wow, Okie! I think you're the only person I know of trying to get a roo! [​IMG] You should come visit Cyn and I, we seem to have a knack for hatching them!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, yeah, I always have plenty! In May, I'll have a handful of 'em, believe me. Ok, well, maybe a boatload would be more accurate.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  7. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well. If only I was closer I so would come get one from you all..... I have had a lone BR hen for a year now........I have 5 babies in the brooder.........one looking like a roo.......who knows, I may find myself in the same position in a month or two. ! I love this breed !

8. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    OK! OKIE! This is a deal! I am traveling to Texas in June and could hook up with you if you are up to a drive south. My family lives in Dallas, Texas. But I will be in San Antonio the first week of June.
    PS. Where are you located...I was born in OK City.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by