1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Barred Rock X Roos

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FlightsofFancy, Apr 4, 2008.

1. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Songster

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    I have a number of Barred Rock Roos that need homes. The Father is 100% BR, Hen was a Sexlink. BR and Silkie. So they will be about 75% BR. They have been handled by children everyday and are totally sweet!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  2. kevin2010

kevin2010 Songster

Mar 22, 2008
    tucker wv
    awwwwwwww man i wish i was closer i love barred rocks they are my favorite even if they are mix

3. helmstead

helmstead Songster

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    For those who know my roo, Mister - he's the father to these.

[​IMG]

4. WOW what a beautiful roo he is too............ I hatched some and bought some BR's to try and get me a roo.......... hopefully I will have one in the group...

5. helmstead

helmstead Songster

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Wow, Okie! I think you're the only person I know of trying to get a roo! [​IMG] You should come visit Cyn and I, we seem to have a knack for hatching them!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member 11 Years

Oh, yeah, I always have plenty! In May, I'll have a handful of 'em, believe me. Ok, well, maybe a boatload would be more accurate.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  7. Well. If only I was closer I so would come get one from you all..... I have had a lone BR hen for a year now........I have 5 babies in the brooder.........one looking like a roo.......who knows, I may find myself in the same position in a month or two. ! I love this breed !

8. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Songster

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    OK! OKIE! This is a deal! I am traveling to Texas in June and could hook up with you if you are up to a drive south. My family lives in Dallas, Texas. But I will be in San Antonio the first week of June.
    PS. Where are you located...I was born in OK City.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: