barred rock?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by watchdogps, Aug 18, 2011.

1. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Two of my chickens are supposed to be barred rocks, but she did say they may well be mixed. They are about 12 weeks old now, and one (both are pullets) has feathers down her legs and her legs are much thicker than the other one. BRs don't have feather legs, right?

2. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

No.

3. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Hmm..I wonder what she's crossed with..is there a list of breeds by characteristic? I swear I saw one, but dont know where..

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Pix might speak volumes.

5. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    no can do at the moment, doing this from my phone. Moving an hour and a half from the first house, so everything else is packed up. Ugh. I will be so glad when this is done.

6. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I'm moving this week, too! UGH!!!! Can't wait to get my chickens back. A friend has been keeping them for the last couple weeks.

7. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Aha! Did some searching and I am thinking there may be some banty cochin in there! The momma bird was built like that - they called her the "meatball"!

Moving - this has been a huge drag. My husband works out of town M-F so its just been me and my Honda Element, and I can only do one load a day really, because its 3 hrs round trip and I also have to have enough time to do things at home. Plus we have had to get the fence up there and replace the carpet there in those two days a week he is available. We are hoping to be done, or at least have enough there to make it liveable by this weekend. The good thing is that we were living in my dad's house while HE was transferred out of state. So, since he's back, its not like we have to have all our stuff out by a certain date, we can get it as time allows.

8. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
  9. AnimalLover99

AnimalLover99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    hey i just got an account and chickens

10. AnimalLover99

AnimalLover99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    I know this should be a different thread but it wouldnt work like that for some reason so i just have to put this on this one.

Hi i have 4 chicks that are supposed to be all hens. I was just wondering if there were any chick sexing experts that could verify that.
    buff orpington

Barred Rock
    Slw
    Rir
    If there anything else you need to know, or any other parts i need to take pics of, please let me know. if it is to early to tell, I understand.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by