Barred Rocks!! Can you tell what I am now?? (Pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Barred Babies, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Here's a few pictures of my 6 1/2 week old Barred Rock. I posted a pic a couple of weeks ago and a few people said it look like one might be a roo. I've looked at all the pictures & posts I could find and I believe their all pullets but I worry about all the pink around their faces!! [​IMG] They all look pretty much the same where as I can't really tell one from the other!!

Sooo whatya think??? [​IMG]

Thanks All!!
    Missi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CHICKENBOY 1

CHICKENBOY 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    looks like mainly pullets to me.[​IMG]

3. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

I only see pullets. My Barred Rock hen had a comb an waddles like that at an early age. I found a photo about the same age.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  4. Barred Babies

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Thanks...

I had read a post when I was searching that said their pullets didn't get any pink on them till they were older and I was like "Oh my goodness ALL mine have pink on them, what in the world was I gonna do with 15 roos!!" [​IMG]

Missi

5. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I see mostly males. Their coloring is really light for females.

6. Barred Babies

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Quote:I think alot of the lightness is because of my flash... Their all black & white none of them are the light gray look of the roo pics I've seem members post! But hey who knows!! Here's a couple I just took yesterday with my cell... Better close up of their faces!! Missi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Barred Babies

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    please don't bump posts as listed in the rules of the forum​

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
  8. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    i believe you have 2 roos

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I see some males too.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They look like mostly pullets to me, but can't see them all very well. By six weeks, you usually see pretty big combs on the cockerels in this breed-- one in the last photo could be a cockerel, but again, I cant see them well enough. It's really essential to take photos of BRs in natural sunlight without glare so we can see their true colors.

Here's a six week old BR cockerel I used to have, then a cockerel and his sister:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by