Barred Rocks or Dominiques

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Speedylilb3, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Speedylilb3

Speedylilb3 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2009
    Pride, LA
    Which hatcheries have the best barred rock or dominique hens? I am looking to breed some black sex links and was looking for a hatchery where I could find nice birds at a decent price. Please post pictures of hatchery stock if you have any. Thanks

2. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    We got some BR's from Ideal back in May. THey are very friendly and sweet birds. They have grown very fast.

3. KyBlue

KyBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    Here are a few pictures of my Mt. Healthy Barred Rocks. They are nice, big birds for hatchery stock.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. andalusn

andalusn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Ridgefield, WA
    We have a black jersey giant rooster and a cuckoo maran hen and the chicks she hatches are black sexlinks. The last batch she hatched were 16 and she raised them free ranging. Grew into stunning birds of good size. I do have 2 dominiques that are favorites for around the barn but their eggs are on the med size scale.

5. crazychicken5150

crazychicken5150 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    Sonora, CA
    I got 3 barred rocks from ideal poultry and they are the biggest chickens in my yard.

6. Taylor

Taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    i have 15 from mt.healthy and they are 17 weeks old and are all ready as big as my ISA-Browns at 2 yrs old. big birds to be from a hatchery i would choose barred rocks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by