Barred rocks pullets or cockerels

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by trudes19, Jul 7, 2016.

1. trudes19

trudes19 New Egg

Jul 4, 2016
    I know there are many threads about the same thing and few people that said to message them about genders. But I'm posting this hopefully to get a few educated responses, as we need to switch any possible cockerels to pullets asap. Thanks so much in advance.

d[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    #1 is a cockerel. #2&3 look like pullets just going by color but they've got quite a little comb and wattles already. How old are they? Are they from a hatchery or a breeder?

3. trudes19

trudes19 New Egg

Jul 4, 2016
    They are from a local (in Ontario) organic farm. We bought them with the friendly agreement that we can bring back any cockerels for pullets. I assumed the farmer would have helped in sexing but he wasn't sure and I didn't do my research about the colours. My guess is #2 and 3 are 6-7 weeks??

4. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    I really think 2 and 3 are pullets, but dang they've got a lot of comb for that young. I'd wait another week if you can on them two. #1 is a cockerel for sure though.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with Gray farms

6. trudes19

trudes19 New Egg

Jul 4, 2016
    ok thanks! I'm going to post more pics later this week because I have to go back to the farm to exchange.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by