1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Barred Rocks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Eggzactly, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Eggzactly

Eggzactly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    marietta
    Does Anyone have breed quality Barred Rocks?

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    hamandeggsranch.com has some. I don't think she is a member here. She has stock from TOP TOP show lines. BIG o'l GORGEOUS birds. The boy in this photo is only about five months old. The breeder of them has been showing this line and winning at the national level for thirty years.
    [​IMG]

3. Eggzactly

Jul 8, 2008
    marietta
    Thanks alot....[​IMG]

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    you are welcome. Hers are not laying yet. Should be good to go in a few months, or in spring. Tell her Patty sent you.

5. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Hmm...I posted this same question months ago and didn't get a single response?

Went to that website...couldn't find any Barred Rocks listed.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    she just got them in a couple weeks ago. We were talking yesterday about taking pics to update her site. That photo was just a snapshot off the cuff because I couldn't believe how pretty he was. She would never use a shot like that on her site. We will get better shots some time soon.

7. Eggzactly

Jul 8, 2008
    marietta
    yes I spoke with her after she got all the birds back in their coops...[​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Dick Horstman has quality BR eggs and will sell chicks, too. His website isn't the same address anymore, so I've lost it, but he sells on Eggbid, I think Rose combed RIR is one breed he has. Go to the contact the seller area and it will send him an email. He told me they are laying now and he should have eggs winter and spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by