1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Barred roo X New Hampshire cross hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by DuckBoy, Nov 25, 2012.

1. DuckBoy

DuckBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2010
    Hello,

I am wanting hatching eggs from a Barred rooster New Hamphsire hen cross or Barred roo RIR hen cross can anyone help me out thanks Cory

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. SJ

SJ Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I may be able to help you. Key words may be. Two years back I crossed a 8.5lbs Delawares cockerel over several breeds including Rhode Island Red and New Hampshire Reds. Delawares carry the barred gene. I keep only one mature male on the farm at a time and currently have a 7 month old White laced Red Cornish cockerel. So any hatching eggs I have would be half WLR Cornish. I also have a 16month old hen "DELxNHR" that I would sell hatching eggs from, outright sell her, or trade away. If your interested in hybrids you can buy hatching eggs from the following.

Current Flock:
    1 WLR Cornish-Cockerel
    -----------
    Hens:
    2 NHR
    1 BO
    3 Dominiques
    2 Buckeyes
    1 White Plymouth Rock
    4 D. Cornish
    2 WLR Cornish
    1 Silver Kraienkoppe
    1 Partridge Chantecler(went broody on halloween and has hatched 8 chicks under her)
    1 SLW
    2 Delawares x Buff Orpington (my best layers yet)
    1 Delawares x SLW
    1 Delawares x NHR

All my hens are laying except the mommy.

3. DuckBoy

Feb 14, 2010
    Thank you for responding. I do not think I can use anything form your batch at this time but thanks so much.

4. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    IF YOU DON'T FIND ANYTHING I HAVE 2 YOUNG RIR HENS THAT HAVE JUST STARTEED LAYING AND ALSO A BR ROO BUT THEY ARE IN GENERAL POPULATION AT THIS TIME. LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SEPERATE THEM OFF. LET ME KNOW HOW MANY EGGS YOU NEED AND HOW MUCH YOU WILL PAY. I DID A BUFF ORPINGTON X BR CROSS LAST YEAR AND WOW THE ROO TURNED OUT AMAZING, LOOKING FORWARD TO CROSSING HIM THIS YEAR BACK TO A BUFF ORPINGTON

5. DuckBoy

Feb 14, 2010
    looking for d. cornish roo or d cornish hatching eggs

6. SJ

SJ Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Id love some of those BOxBR eggs. I'd pay $12/doz.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by