barred wyandotte

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tasha82, Aug 15, 2011.

1. tasha82

tasha82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    hi im in abit of a pickle with a chicken i have who is about 16weeks old,we thought from speaking to others on here that it was a male dominique,have just rang the lady we got it off and shes said she doesnt keep doms its a barred wyandotte,is there any barred wyandotte experts on here that can help me,dont know what to do,as the lady has told us shell have to kill it if it turns out to be a boy,but she believes its a girl as they havent got them wrong yet,help
    [​IMG] zeebs now
    zeebs at about 10weeks old[​IMG]

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I'm going to say Cockeral.

3. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I think its a girl. No spurs, feathers are rounded, comb and wattles are quite small.

4. tasha82

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    Quote:was hoping noone would say that,do you know about wyandottes?? if its definately a boy boy i need to find him a home i cant live with myself knowing as i drive away hes about to be killed,[​IMG]

5. tasha82

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    Quote:hi.i have a male black copper maran whose about 18wks he has no spurs either?but hes definately a he a handsome one too.imhoping he doiesnt make to much noise as i wont be able to keep him if so,my male coppa goes for zeebs all the time is this normal if zeebs was a girl,the breeder reeckons coppa is just wanting abit of zeebs??x

6. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    Quote:I agree. I think its a Dominique, but you'll need to let her fill out more to be sure.

7. tasha82

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    Quote:I agree. I think its a Dominique, but you'll need to let her fill out more to be sure.

we rang the breeder tongith ,and she said she doesnt keep doms or barred rocks,the only thing she keeps in barred wyandottes ive found this site that has a pic of a hen wyandotte,but to me zeebs looks more fluffier on her bottom end and tail and is also alot lighter.

8. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010

we rang the breeder tongith ,and she said she doesnt keep doms or barred rocks,the only thing she keeps in barred wyandottes ive found this site that has a pic of a hen wyandotte,but to me zeebs looks more fluffier on her bottom end and tail and is also alot lighter.

Do you know where she got them from?

9. tasha82

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    Quote:we rang the breeder tongith ,and she said she doesnt keep doms or barred rocks,the only thing she keeps in barred wyandottes ive found this site that has a pic of a hen wyandotte,but to me zeebs looks more fluffier on her bottom end and tail and is also alot lighter.

Do you know where she got them from?

no we dont,weve believed it was a male dom so rang her up to ask to swap and she just said she doesntkeepthem at all ,the onlything it is is a barred wyandotte.then went onto to sday shed have tio kill it if it was a boiy but she doubts it as they dont get barred wyandottes wrong as theyre easily sexed very young.i feel like c**p thinkg about what willhappen if zeebs is a boy,so desperately tryingto find somthing or someone to help.x

10. tasha82

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    Quote:Do you know where she got them from?

no we dont,weve believed it was a male dom so rang her up to ask to swap and she just said she doesntkeepthem at all ,the onlything it is is a barred wyandotte.then went onto to sday shed have tio kill it if it was a boiy but she doubts it as they dont get barred wyandottes wrong as theyre easily sexed very young.i feel like c**p thinkg about what willhappen if zeebs is a boy,so desperately tryingto find somthing or someone to help.x

were from englad not sure how that info willhelp.xx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by