bartering with my vet

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Henrietta23, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Well, not for his services taking care of my three dogs. That was $$$. But we got to talking chickens and he was asking how our chicks were doing, were we getting eggs, etc. Then he mentioned he and his wife had gotten two dairy goats. I asked what kind and mentioned I'd love to have two nigerians. Long story, sort of short, he brought me a mason jar of goats' milk and says we can trade for eggs once my girls are laying. Gotta love it! Made up for the expensive visit anyway! [​IMG]

2. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

I LOVE bartering!!![​IMG]

3. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Soon you'll have your own goats [​IMG]

4. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:LOL, tell that to James, who just rolled his eyes. There are already some around the corner from us so I don't think the neighbors will complain tooooo much.

5. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:LOL, tell that to James, who just rolled his eyes. There are already some around the corner from us so I don't think the neighbors will complain tooooo much.

Tell him it's either a goat or a llama..or more roo's [​IMG]

6. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT

Tell him it's either a goat or a llama..or more roo's [​IMG]

LOL, Alex wanted to buy me a llama at Salem today for my birthday. I talked him into a little plastic toy sheep instead. Seriously, we're way too close to the neighbors for too much livestock. And NO MORE ROOS! [​IMG]

7. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Tell him it's either a goat or a llama..or more roo's [​IMG]

LOL, Alex wanted to buy me a llama at Salem today for my birthday. I talked him into a little plastic toy sheep instead. Seriously, we're way too close to the neighbors for too much livestock. And NO MORE ROOS! [​IMG]

They got more llama's and today's your b-day!?! [​IMG]

You should buy a goat, then we'll drop it off in front of your house with a note on it and you can just say it showed up [​IMG] It was meant to be [​IMG]

8. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:LOL, Alex wanted to buy me a llama at Salem today for my birthday. I talked him into a little plastic toy sheep instead. Seriously, we're way too close to the neighbors for too much livestock. And NO MORE ROOS! [​IMG]

They got more llama's and today's your b-day!?! [​IMG]

You should buy a goat, then we'll drop it off in front of your house with a note on it and you can just say it showed up [​IMG] It was meant to be [​IMG]

LOL, yesterday was my b-day. And there were 3 wet, unhappy looking llamas in need of a shave there. Some really cute little goats too. I'm holding out till next spring when we might have to provide a home to a couple of goats in need. Maybe a wayward mama and her daughter.....

9. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:They got more llama's and today's your b-day!?! [​IMG]

LOL, yesterday was my b-day. And there were 3 wet, unhappy looking llamas in need of a shave there. Some really cute little goats too. I'm holding out till next spring when we might have to provide a home to a couple of goats in need. Maybe a wayward mama and her daughter.....

Don't be surprised if next time you guys come over there's a llama in our yard [​IMG] It probably won't happen...but you never know [​IMG] And Happy late Birthday [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And of course PC birthday song..

Happy Birthday To You
    I'm gonna send you a roo
    He crows happy birthday
    And he tastes very good too

And Manyyyyyyy Mooorrrrrrrrrrrreee

[​IMG]

10. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    [​IMG] Thanks, I think! I'd love to have a llama and a pair of goats. Not gonna happen at this house, but I don't plan to live here forever.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by