basic stuffed peppers..help?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Dar, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I want a basic stuffed pepper recipe. I dont want to put the effort into fancy shmancy ones... throw some stuff in a pepper and bake.. any ideas?

2. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Ground turkey or beef mixed with uncooked rice, salt, pepper, tomato paste and some oregano, parsley and/or basil.

You can mix in an egg for every pound of meat if you want.

Stuff in peppers or do it the lazy way:
    Layer meat mixture in a casserole dish, top with quartered, seeded green peppers, pour tomato sauce over & bake.

3. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    I use any meatloaf recipe that I can grab. Like the one that is on the McCormicks meatloaf mix package... Quick and easy. Dang that sounds good!

4. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    I've got my stuffed green peppers in the oven right now... I was just waitin to get enough green peppers from the garden. Recipe H-E-R-E

5. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    thanks everyone.. i used

1lb of ground turkey
    1 small onion diced small
    tops of 4 peppers diced small
    1 pkg sliced fresh mushrooms diced small
    palm of parsley flakes
    3 cloves of garlic

sauted all that in EVOO

added rice i used 2 cups of cooked jasmine rice

about 1 cup of tomato sauce

mixed it all together... stuffed it into the peppers (had TON left over could have stuffed 6 - 8 peppers)

its in a small dish with water in the base baking at 350* when they have been in for 50 minutes I will top with bread crumbs mixed with a lil parama cheese and cheddar cheese and melted butter.. mix till crumbly and top peppers and back in the oven till the topping browns

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by