Bassett hound in NJ

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by thewarriorchild, May 19, 2008.

1. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    I have a beautiful almost two basset that needs a new home. I intended to go look at her for a friend and then they met me at the curb with her. They were saying if no one took her they would put her in the pound and she was so sweet I could not leave her. I need to find her a home. I am not a small dog person and it is becoming more and more apparent. She is housebroken, up to date on all shots I believe, not neutered, micro chipped, loves to walk, or even run with you, loves to cuddle and be by you, eats well but is thin for a basset which is good because it saves her legs, which are great she can jump on my bed, and run faster than the kids, she gets along well with other dogs, so after that run on sentence of her wonderful traits here is one on her bad, she eats tissues and shreds them into little pieces ( not a problem if you do not have tissues around) and she can run like the wind. We have been working with keeping her close and off leash and it works well if you are watching. If you re not... she has taken off twice so far. If she is left in a yard she needs to be someplace she cannot dig out. This is part of being that kind of dog I believe. This really isn’t an issue even for us the two times she got away it was my parents fault, they left the garage door open and put her leash on wrong so she slipped out (she has a lupine martingale collar) She rides well in the car we harness her in. She comes with all her papers, her microchip papers, a crate, a jacket (ok she was shivering it was cold out, I never thought I would own a dog with a coat) a dog bed, coach leather leash. If it doesn’t work out we would take her back. I am a single Mom and she just tips the scales at to much for me at this time. I already have a Golden puppy, 3 cats, chickens turkeys, pigeons, a teenage daughter full time, I am sure there are other things living here they just blend in better than the others [​IMG] She really needs a forever home she has been passed around to much. If you know someone let me know!
    pics here:http://piratehunt.spaces.live.com/ pic 61 and 62 in Feb 28th and a shot in new family member, I can send more pics by email if you want.

Thanks!
    Deborah

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Deborah,
    I am in CT. If it gets to bad and your stuck, my brother and SIL do foster and place dogs. They have a bassett and bloodhound currently, but Im sure I could talk then into taking her in a bindm

3. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT THIS DOG!!!!!!!!!
    But I live in Northern Florida! [​IMG]
    I have friends in NJ. My sister lives in Virginia near Washington DC.
    I wish we could work something out!!!!!!!!WA!!!!!

4. thewarriorchild

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    Who is going to be where when?? I am planing on going to FL in Sept so if it did not work out we could take her back, but I am hoping it does. She would like the warm. Are you near Lakeland Fl??

5. thewarriorchild

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    Quote:Thanks I will keep that in mind. If they hear of anyone if things do not work out for Fl. that would be great. She just isnt like other bassets I have met, she is full of energy!

6. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    thewarriorchild wrote
    Who is going to be where when?? I am planing on going to FL in Sept so if it did not work out we could take her back, but I am hoping it does. She would like the warm. Are you near Lakeland Fl??

I live in Trenton Florida. We could meet on your way down to Lakeland. Lakeland is about 2.5 hours away from me. But if you are coming from up north. Then I surely could get with you at one of the exits off I75 or you are welcome to come and see where we live.

We have 10acres and two penned areas around the house. Two boys ages 5 and six and a whole mess of chickens and two ducks. The flock is always growing. How is the basset with farm animals?​

7. thewarriorchild

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    I wont be that way till Sept as far as I know. Iw ill be in in Washington in July, maybe we can work something out to get her down to you, anyone traveling??

8. thewarriorchild

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    bump..... anyone??

9. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    You can usually send them on the airplane for less than $100. Not a great option, but it could work if no one is driving.

There is also an animal transport network, I've heard about it, but never looked into it. I think there are truckers that drive them part way, and people who volunteer to pick them up and drive them a few hours. I don't know where you'd even start to look for this though. It's pretty amazing.

10. tonkatuff

tonkatuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Orange County NY
    warriorchild could you send me your e-mail or a contact #? I have a client at our office that has Bassests and is active in Basset rescue...she may be able to foster this girl for you, have her spayed & eventually put into a forever home. I live in Port Jervis, this woman & her husband live in Warwick NY.

C.C.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by