1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bat Mitzvah Photos

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by rebbetzin, Mar 11, 2012.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Yesterday was the Bat Mitzvah.

Here she is being blessed before her reading.

[​IMG]

She did WONDERFUL!!

[​IMG]

We were all so proud of her!

Here she is practicing her speech before the Party.

[​IMG]

One of the high points of her party later that night was a chair dance.

[​IMG]

A good time was had by all!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I love the posts you share with us!! One of my closest friends is Jewish and I just love the traditions. Her wedding was a unique event, and her fathers funeral even more so. The passion the Jewish faith has for their traditions are envied by many.

3. Poupoulles

Poupoulles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Mayberry (really!)
    Congrats! You must be so proud! DD is only 2 but I can already imagine her Bat Mitzvah. We're a mixed family so we had a christening AND a brit bat for her as a baby. It was so sweet- I just bawled.

4. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    Congratulations!!! I was in DC this week-end to attend the Bat Mitzvah of the daughter of my neice and the Torah reading was Exodus, which is a favorite. Last week was also Purim which is significant because when the Prime Minister of Israel met with Obama he brought him a book with the story of Purim. Maybe he was sending a message...Hamen was Persian and Iran is the original Persia.

5. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ

Wow, you know, I didn't even connect, the story of Purim and the visit of Netanyahu. Seems to me, Netanyahu was as Mordichai, facing Haman! May it turn out so well as it did in the story of Purim. Funny, we hear very little on the bombings over there in our news. But,we sure know which movie stars are in rehab!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by