Batams and chicken tractors

havi

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Waco, Texas
I was curious if you made the chicken tractor just right would you be able to permently house 3 bantams in it? Im wanting to get one of each: black frizzle, white frizzle and a light brahma. I havent made the tractor yet, but was planning on something like the picture below. What do you think?

7792_bantam_tractor.jpg

Edited to add:

I live in Central Tx were the summers are hot and the winters are mild.

Last edited:
If you can lock the girls up tight in the coop part at night, I don't see why you couldn't keep chickens in it year round where you live.

My biggest concerns personally are that I 1-have no grass anywhere for them to eat, so a tractor wouldn't help much, though they could munch on weeds in different areas, lol and 2-we have pretty cold winters, so I'd have to have to worry about temps, and 3-security, of course.

Though the fact that we have no trees on our property either (what can I say, a new house in the desert, I started out with a few weeds, dirt, and a pile of rocks), wild predators aren't a problem during the day (racoons, n' such) so as long as I have it fully predator proof at night I would probably be OK. I love, love the tractor at the top of the 'show me your chicken tractors' thread. I'm going to try one of those babies myself next year. lol

I have three bantams permanently in my tractor without any problems. The tractor has a 4'x6' footprint, with a 2'x4' house above it:
coop1.jpg

Quote:
ep.gif
I LOVE it! Is it hard to move around? I wonder if wheels could somehow be put on it?

Back
Top Bottom