Batavia, NY CHEAP layer pellets

chick inn

Songster
6 Years
Apr 15, 2013
WNY
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for folks who would like to purchase layer pellets at $10/50 lb bag. I will purchase wholesale feed directly from the supplier and we can split the 2-ton delivery (a bit too much for me to use in one month!!) you take as much or as little as 50 lbs at a time. This saves me (and probably you) about $5/bag (or $10-15/week for me personally) from TSC. I live in Batavia, NY and I'm looking for others who would like to purchase 1+ bags from me at COST. I would think most people interested in this deal would be looking for one months supply or 5+ bags, but I won't set a minimum at this time.

The feed price fluctuates week to week, most times it is between $9-10/bag. I think once it was $11/bag. I don't want to make money off of you, I'm just looking to save money for myself and fellow chicken lovers. No pre-sales, you would pay for your feed when you pick it up.

This feed is not ordered/delivered yet, it takes about 1 week to arrive after it's ordered. You would have to pick it up at my house, or we could discuss a possible delivery/fee if it's convenient for both of us (I currently work in Rochester, DH works in Buffalo - could meet either place). I don't have the feed nutritional value breakdown at this time, but can post it soon. I can attest that I have been using this feed for the past few months and my chickens are laying like crazy even through this miserable weather!

Any takers/questions? Hope to hear from locals soon.

Judy

Last edited:
I'm not sure if im too late... Im new to this site. What kind are you concidering? Brand? %? I'd possibly be interested in a few bags:) Have a blessed day. Sara

I'm not sure if im too late... Im new to this site. What kind are you concidering? Brand? %? I'd possibly be interested in a few bags:) Have a blessed day. Sara
Hey Sara! And welcome to BYC! Right now I have an order in of layer pellets 18% Protein and they rang in at $10.50 per 50# bag. If you are looking for something different, I can request it when I place my next order (will be in a couple of weeks). Let me know what you think and we can schedule a meet up. Just PM me :)

Judy

Chick Inn: I just saw your post and, if you are still looking for people to split the layer pellets with, I am interested.

At the moment, we have 10 chickens, which we free range when we're home. Two 50lb bags a month is more than enough right now. We are getting four more chicks on Friday, but they won't be getting the layer feed for awhile. Once the babies get on the layer feed (and in the winter) we'll need more.

Back
Top Bottom