1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bath for hens

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by hensonthefarm, Feb 4, 2014.

1. hensonthefarm

hensonthefarm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2013
    Hello, BYC I brought a new hen my first BR bantam and give her a bath to clean skin and legs. Dry her off and put back in her pen. Does any one else give your bird a bath.

2. Dee Dee 2

Dee Dee 2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2012
    Tomball, Tx.
    I think show birds are bathed often. HOWEVER (comma),. I don;t knw what part of the U.S. you are in but unless it is very warm there be careful about the bird getting chilled. When they are outside in rain and snow and they get wet it is different from them getting bathed. The rain and snow runs off their backs and is not saturated like bathing. Is this your first chicken ? Are you new to B,Y.C. ? If so welcome. [​IMG] You will find lots of good advise here. And some advise you may want to research further.[​IMG] Good luck with your hen. [​IMG]

3. hensonthefarm

hensonthefarm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2013
    No she not my bird but no rain or snow and she lives in my office for the next 2 week before going in with the other bantams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by