bath n.y. auction?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by rocker, Aug 10, 2008.

1. rocker

rocker Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2007
    p.a.
    can someone tell me when the poultry auction in bath is?i went a couple years ago and would really like to go again.

thanks
    dave

2. DUccleDude

DUccleDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Cameron Mills, NY
    Hi Dave

The Auction in Bath NY is Saturday September 13 at 9:30 AM. If you plan on bringing anything consignments start at 6:30 AM. It is at the Steuben County Fair Grounds in the Morton building.

3. rocker

rocker Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2007
    p.a.
    thank you very much,its coming right up cant wait!

4. cherub78

cherub78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Central NY
    Someone told me it was in the spring. Guess I missed it. [​IMG]
    Can someone let me know when the 2009 one is???
    Thanks,
    Sharon

5. DUccleDude

Apr 13, 2008
    Cameron Mills, NY
    Hi Sharon,

We are having our spring auction May 9th at 9AM, consignments start at 6:30 AM, Then we will have a fall one also.
    Thanks,

Shane & Michelle
    S and M Poultry

6. cherub78

cherub78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Central NY
    Oh, I didn't realize there was a spring one also! 6:30 am??? Wow that's early!

Can anyone come to it? What all do they have (have never been to one before).

Should I bring cages/boxes/a moving van??? OK, was just kidding about the moving van (I was kidding- right?)

And most important- Should I start sneaking money from hubbie now so I have enough??? [​IMG]

Thanks!
    Sharon

7. DUccleDude

Apr 13, 2008
    Cameron Mills, NY
    Yep anyone can come. There is always a variety of animals, chickens, goats, rabbits, pheasants, peafowl, quail ect. Plus there is usually equipment. The Auction starts at 9am. But if you wanted to bring something to put in the auction the consignments start at 6:30am. You should bring something to take them home in we have the boxes they are brought in but sometimes they get pretty nasty. I would start saving now! lol [​IMG] We usually have food and drinks available also. It is always alot of fun and we look forward to meeting everyone... But it is alot of work also....

8. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    hmmm.... i just might have to take another road trip,lol. [​IMG] how long do ur auctions usually last? is their usually 1 auctioneer or several? also is there a fee to register to bid. does the clubs fee come out of selling price or do we pay a percentage on top and if so what is the % rate? if we r selling what is the fees? can u pm me with the addy so i can mapquest?
    thanks,
    silkie

9. DUccleDude

Apr 13, 2008
    Cameron Mills, NY
    Silkie,

The auction usually last all day till 5 or 6pm. There is only 1 auctioneer. There is no fee to register to bid but the club does take a percentage of the birds that are sold, I think it was 15% last fall but I will find out for sure and let you know. The auction is at the Bath fairgrounds the same place that our show is at.

Michelle

10. scrappyroo

scrappyroo Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2007
    Binghamton, New York
    Its an awesome sale with a huge selection so bring plenty of cash and alot of room in your vehicle. I look forward to this sale every year. They also sell equipment like cage wire, brooders etc.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by