Bathing a 13 pound roo - it sounded good, in theory

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Dec 20, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    For weeks now I've needed to soak Thor's feet in a medicated bath. I picked tonight to do it. Before I went out to the coop to get him, I got the dishpan of medicated water all ready, nice and warm. The cats were asleep in the office, so I just closed the door.
    I was going to bring him in, dip his feet in the bath for a few minutes, towel dry them and return him to the coop. Easy peazy.
    I forgot about Jax (our GSD). Jax came running in to the kitchen. The rooster freaked, kicked the pan of soapy water up in the air, soaking himself and me and the wall.
    I grabbed Thor up in a towel, took him into the bathroom and closed the door. I tried blow drying him, but geez! my arms gave out. How long does it take feathers to dry anyhow?!?
    I now how a soaking wet rooster in my bathroom, wondering wth just happened to him. [​IMG]

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

NO PICS !!!! I'm not reading any further..... [​IMG]

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Well I would have gotten pics, but I kinda had my hands full and Jax hasn't learned to operate a camera...yet.

Besides, I think the amount of stinkeye being displayed might have been at lethal levels.

He's back out in the coop now, snuggled down with his girls. I hope he'll be okay. [​IMG]

4. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:Well I would have gotten pics, but I kinda had my hands full and Jax hasn't learned to operate a camera...yet.

Besides, I think the amount of stinkeye being displayed might have been at lethal levels.

He's back out in the coop now, snuggled down with his girls. I hope he'll be okay. [​IMG]

I wish I could of seen a video. where was your DH?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  5. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] LOVE LOVE LOVE stories like that!! [​IMG]

6. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Naw! I don't really need any pics of that! I can well imagine the whole scene! [​IMG]

7. lngrid

lngrid Chillin' With My Peeps

I hope Thor's okay. I hope you're okay. I'm really glad the water didn't land on anything that could have hurt you or Thor. I really like your posts, gritsar. I look forward to reading them when I see you posting.

And I'm so glad stinkeye isn't lethal!

Let us know how Thor is, okay? It's really cold out there!

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas

I wish I could of seen a video. where was your DH?

DH was at work. He works nights. Thor is fine, but his feet don't look any better. [​IMG] Still got to cut off his one remaining spur. I will definitely be waiting for DH to be home for that. [​IMG]

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG]

10. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Can you do a reinactment Plaese

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by