!BATMAN! UPDATE=IT'S A BOY! NEW PICS ON PAGE 3!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Shkittles, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Shkittles

Shkittles Chillin' With My Peeps

I know i know why name a chicken Batman if you don't know it's gender. Well whatever i love batman! I'm pretty sure Batman's a boy but just want to be sure because he's really nice and very quiet. He's a four week old White Crested Black Polish (STANDARD).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*WRONG DATE ON CAMERA*

My avatar is him at 15 days old with his buddy Robin. LOL!

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Well I dont know, but I like him! (ORR her)

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Probably too early to tell. Crest sexing is more misleading than normal chicken sexing. I think you'll have to wait but at the moment I say pullet. Don't get your hopes up, though. Come back when all of that afro is completely developed and you think of a few possible names for that poor identity-crisis-stricken chook. [​IMG]

4. Shkittles

Quote:Is there any reason you say pullet right now??? I'd love Batman to be a pullet (i probably have to many guys), but i don't really care if Batman's a man cause then he could keep the name which he probably will anyway. LOL.

!Shkittles!

5. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

The look of the face generally screams female to me. Little redness, crest filling out 'up' and not 'backwards' (as backwards tends to indicate a male in this stage), I see no visible wattles and/or comb, and now that I look at it; the crest feathers almost look like they are filling up and poofing, not keeping stringy like a rooster's would. I really don't have too much experience sexing the breed (all the more reason not to trust me) but Batman reminds me of Patty when she was little. [​IMG]

Or you could just have a late blooming male. [​IMG] So I'm not much help. Just my two cents...

6. Shkittles

Thanks! i would love Batman to be a girl (Batman the mommy! LOL), but if not i could still have little Batmans running around later.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
  7. Shkittles

Here's some new pics of Batman at 7 weeks old . He's getting in some wattles but they look like a paleish pink in color. I have different shots of his crest.

This shows his wattles redder then they actually are because of the flash.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This shows his actual wattle color. It's more pink then red.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everytime i Pick batman up he just lays down on my fingers like this. He is super quiet and while my cochin males (same age as Batman) make a crowing noise when i try to pick them up he's quiet and just like whispers to me in soft little peeps.
    [​IMG]

8. Shkittles

can anybody help me? He's now older..........................

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Ummm, BatGIRL [​IMG]

10. Shkittles

Quote:Really Batman's a girl??? How can you tell? That's weird considering he was my freebie from McMurray.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by