Bator cold !!!

marlene

Songster
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
UK
I'm so upset, woke up this morning to find my bator cold. No temp reading on thermometer but could hear the bator still going, don't know how long its been like that but when i got up it was cold. Have turned the heat dial up and it seems to be slowly heating up, have i lost them do you think
sad.png
( I'M ON DAY 5 )

Absolutely don't give up.
I posted a thread here a couple of months ago regarding my incubator lead having been pulled out for over 12 hours (maybe 24) on day 7 with temperatures in the low 50's. I re-started the incubator and went on to hatch 5 out of 6.
The temperature and humidity is much less critical in the first week or so (presumable nature's way of 'forgiving' broodies who take a holiday, go back to the wrong nest etc) and you could still get a good hatch.

Good Luck.

Thanks for your replies. I'm hatching 5 ixworth and 5 light sussex.
I will probably candle in a few days and see what they look like
fl.gif

Well i have struggled since this morning to sort out the temp in my bator with no luck, kept going too high then too low, to be honest some thing is not right with it so it will be going back to brinsea since i've only had it for 5 days
somad.gif

Have put my eggs in a home made bator for now the temp seems to be a steady 100.5 in there and humidity is 37, are these readings ok ?? best i can do for now better than loosing the eggs.
I have just bought a used bator from ebay so i really hope they post out to me 1st thing monday so that i can receive it by tuesday and put my eggs in to that, my home made bator is ok but not sure it will be any good for when i have to go in to lockdown, its just some thing a threw together very quick to try and save my eggs.

Back
Top Bottom