Bator finished (mostly) ~pics~

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RubberChickenLubber, Jan 6, 2008.

1. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    At least that is the plan. Dh already cut the wood. It's going to be 18inx18inx12inches tall. Have the supplies (except a water wiggler, but will use ziploc bags since I can't find one). I'll just have to let you know how it goes. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  2. RubberChickenLubber

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    I called a local breeder who I got some chicks from recently. She is trying to start a local hatchery. I asked if she would be willing to sell me some eggs, and she said that she would give them to me. Yay [​IMG] !!! I'm so excited. Some of them will be from show stock too. It will be a mixed batch. Whatever she collects this week. I have a week to get this bator rocking and rolling. [​IMG]

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Good Luck with your bator & your eggs. Did you get the bator started yet? Make sure to post pictures.

4. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Wooo Hooo!!! Congrats! Better build fast, I am kinda slow but it took me about a week to get the temp tweaked. [​IMG]

Tonya

5. RubberChickenLubber

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    We've got all the wiring done. Now we just need to build a lid. Hopefully will get it running tomorrow. If It's not ready by sat, I'll just tell bobbi to put them in her bator. She sets eggs every week anyway. I'm just excited. Hopefully I can get a good hatch and have a good variety of chicks.

6. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Good luck....I just finished mine Sat. and spent Sun. and today getting the temp. right. It's not that hard tho., more time consuming I'd say. We spent $71.00 and it should hold around 36-40 standard eggs.

7. RubberChickenLubber

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Not counting thermometers and hydrogemeters, we have $ 11 in it. It's being built out of wood and would hold a lot of eggs. I don't know if bobbi is giving me all that she collects this week or what, but it may be quite a bit if so.

8. RubberChickenLubber

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    We have the bator built, will get around to pics soon. I will probably wait until Sunday Night to put the eggs in. If any hatch they'll be a great bday present since day 21 is my bday. I'm so excited.

9. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    congrads on the bator cant wait to see pics ..

10. skeeter

skeeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Parma Idaho
    did you line the wood with any type of insulation??how well does it hold temp and humidity,what kind of wood was it

thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by