Bator full but still interested for later: rare breeds

bel

Songster
10 Years
Jan 15, 2010
East bay
The incubator will be full this round, but will be looking for the next setting.

I am looking for hatching eggs from NPIP tested non hatchery flocks with good standards to set in 1 month, (maybe sooner).
The breeds I'm mostly looking for are:

Dorkings LF and or Banty not from mixed color pens.

Javas (black or white especially)

Chantecler, from one colored flock.

Silver Campine

Pendesencas or Emporendescas.

Last edited:
I know it won't help with this hatch, but we'll have Red Dorking eggs available towards the end of April. Yes, we're NPIP certified.
smile.png

Last edited:
That would be awesome, even after this hatch we will still be looking for dorking eggs they are #1 on our wanted list. (might also have a cabinet incubator by then)

They're definitely not easy to find! We still have the flock running together, but I'm hoping to at least put the roos in a separate coop by the weekend. The girls would appreciate the break I'm sure!! I'll make sure the breeds have been separated for a full month so they're pure. Otherwise you may get lavender dorkings!
th.gif

Quote:

wow you have a lav project for them too? I'm trying to imagine what they would look like.

Do you sell orp eggs too? We have some blue orps in a hatch expected next week and it would be good to add some unrelated birds to the flock.

No lavender Dorking project, but my son would love to do one! Two of his dorking girls are not colors recognised by the APA but might just mix well with the lavender gene. He's 10, planning on going to Cornell University & thinks the "chicken calculator" is more fun than most video games...lol. So chances are he's right!
roll.png

Unfortunately, I had terrible luck with BBS roos last year, so all my orp roos are lavender. I only have 1 split/black orp hen, 2 blues & 2 splash. I was supposed to get 2 black pullets for my boys, but I think they got sold to someone else. So, I'm stuck unless I bred lav over bbs which seems to be pretty controversial. Seriously considering selling all the orps & sticking to the dorkings.

Quote:

Two questions:
1. What color Chantecler are you looking for?
2. How soon are you wanting the Chantecler eggs?

1. Not set on one specific color, just want a one color non mixed flock.
2. in about 1 month, should have a cabinet incubator up and running by then.

Quote:

Quote:
Smart boy to have great goals at an early age, hes going to go far.
Sorry your orp breeding isn't going so well, I hope you can get some pullets soon, the laveders are pretty birds (but dorkings are cool too) When you have some dork eggs available please let me know.
We got the cabinet incubator and a hatcher now (CL find) older but work fine. I'm working on some upgrades and should put it in use once its tested.

Back
Top Bottom