Bator full of eggs for hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Choco Maran, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Choco Maran

Choco Maran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    I just received eggs from My pet chicken this morning 6 BC Marans, 7 Blue Bars. I added 12 EE/dom mix and 13 cochin mix as well for a full 38 eggs. This will be my third hatch this year. I all ready have the EE pullets sold when they reach age of 4-6 months. This is the first full bator hatch I have done. The last couple have only been about 18 eggs. I'm very excited about this hatch. it will be a long 21 days. The brooders are ready. I have 18 marans coming tomorrow as day old chickens, the 15th I have 18 cochins from McMurray and 30 guinea coming the following week. I will be very busy for the next couple of months.

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    I will be setting 26 sultan eggs tomorrow so I can join you :) I also have a bunch of other eggs due on different days throughout the month - mostly ACs, but also a few lavender silkies, some Narragansett turkeys, and three peafowl :)

3. Choco Maran

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    Awesome Someone to hatch along with. The EE and cochn mixes are from my hens. We hatched some about 8 weeks ago and they are beautiful. So we thought we would try again. Last hatch we got a splash cochin. We are hoping to get another this hatch. I only have one bator so i can only do one hatch at a time. But I do not mind this way I can hatch every month or so. I'm about at my limit on hens right now. By I the time I get all these grown up I will have about 80-90 hens.

4. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Will you be keeping any? I end up selling the majority of mine as chicks so I don't have to deal with raising them all up.

5. Choco Maran

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    Yes I will keep about half of them. I have a gentleman that want 12-18 EE but not till they are 4-6 months and is willing to pay 35 per hen at this age. I'm keeping all the BC Marans and the Blue Bar hens. I have two Blue bar rooster right now that I hatched in march.

6. Choco Maran

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    I just received my chicks from cackle. I ordered 5 FBC Marans, 5 FWeaton Marans, 5 cuckoo Marans and 1 BC Roo. They arrived in two days and all where alive and in good shape.

7. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Excellent! It's always awesome when they all make it.

8. Choco Maran

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    Did you ever get your Sultan eggs set n the bator?

9. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    I did! I set 25 sultan eggs and 2 ayam cemani eggs :)

10. Choco Maran

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    I have to keep opening the bator just slightly because it gets to hot in there. If I adjust the temp it gets to cold during the night. It gets very warm in the house. During the summer on average 85 plus.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by