bator is full, what to do with more eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sweet Violet, May 27, 2010.

1. Sweet Violet

Sweet Violet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Vista CA
    Hi there, incubator is full and I have 6 eggs left and I don't know what to do with them. I paid good money for them and hey flew across the U.S. to me. (On a plane:D)
    Do I let them sit at room temperature for the next 10 days, put them in the fridge or ??? Help! any ideas, suggestions...

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

go to the bator section and build a homemade bator!

3. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    You did not say how many eggs your incubator can hold. Have you been candling the eggs in there? Chances are you are going to get some infertile ones and some quitters that you can toss. Assuming your incubator holds 30 eggs or so, you might have room.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  4. Sweet Violet

Sweet Violet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Vista CA
    good point Paul. I'll do that.

5. Over Easy in Adna

Over Easy in Adna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Adna Washington
    As I understand it, eggs are edible........ I will google it to make sure. [​IMG]

6. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:Do you mean to say it's not necessary to hatch every egg that's ever laid?

7. Over Easy in Adna

Over Easy in Adna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Adna Washington
    Quote:Do you mean to say it's not necessary to hatch every egg that's ever laid?

I hope not, I have 3 broodys I am trying to convice to stop right now. I might just have to give them some, but I am already at a population of 53.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by