bator question ?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jessaw1981, Aug 1, 2010.

1. jessaw1981

jessaw1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Franklin Nc
    I BYC peeps I have a question I have a still air bator how do I know what the humidity is all I have is a thermometer? Thanks guys so much.

2. huntercf

huntercf Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    You can buy a cheap hygrometer at a pet supply store, I would recommend getting one it will be worth it.

3. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    A Hygrometer Is A Must....

I Suggest You Go To Your Local Walmart And Purchase A Combo Unit.... Most Carry A Small White Thermometer/ Hygrometer Combo Unit For About 8 Bucks--- They Seem To The Most Accurate And Affordable Versions Right Off The Shelf. Uses A Single Aa Batery And Sits Inside The Incubator With Your Eggs.

4. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    I have two of the combo type from wallyworld,one for the bater and one for the brooder,works great for me and no guesswork involved [​IMG]

5. jessaw1981

jessaw1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Franklin Nc
    where would I find these un Walmart ? hunting fishing or cooking ? I have never seen one before.

6. Kwartel

Kwartel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I know in our walmart they are all over in the hardware section in between the lightbulbs and the paint section. If you can snag the worker who mixes the paint, they should be able to take you right to them.

7. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Quote:Go to Lowes or Home depot where they have the clocks.There you will find a bin of thermometers with a circle thing that tells the humidity.They cost no more than 4.00

8. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:Go to Lowes or Home depot where they have the clocks.There you will find a bin of thermometers with a circle thing that tells the humidity.They cost no more than 4.00

did you calibrate that type to see how close it was? I picked up a few like that from pet smart depending on witch one it was off 10-25 points the couple I have gotten from wally world surprised me 1 was dead on and 2 were within 5 points of being right

http://ezinearticles.com/?Prevent-Mold!-Hygrometer-Calibration&id=602308

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

They're on the far wall, 2 isles past the paint. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    I found mine in the pots and pans area.where all the spoons,forks and the gimmicks you use in the kitchen [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by