Bator Therapy/Support Group...ANYONE!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lovin'mychicks, May 19, 2009.

1. lovin'mychicks

lovin'mychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Central Alabama
    I think I am in need of incubation therapy! I am completely addicted!!!!!!! [​IMG]

I know everyone here warned me it would happen, and it has!!!

I had planned to set 20 Dutch Bantam eggs as soon as my last hatch on Friday. But DH and I discussed that we did not need to set anymore Australorps in this batch. But, I could not help myself! I called a lady who I know has room and sells eggs at the farmers market and ask her would she take 6 babies (for free) if I hatched them for her.

Am I nuts??? [​IMG] I just love hatching (as long and I know I can find them a happy home!!)

Please tell me you guys are the same way!!! [​IMG]

2. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    I feel your addiction. I can't have any chicks till we move in Sept. I Currently have 6 goose eggs in my incubator I am hatching for a friend and already thinking about who else might need me to hatch some babies for them. I find myself talking to the eggs in the bator. [​IMG]

Nancy

3. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I too have the fever. I have a bator full of everything I could get my hands on.

I don't want help for my problem!! LOL I like it. I love chickies.

I will just eat the ones that grow up ugly [​IMG]

I won't even leave my home while eggs are in the bator, I check it every 20 minutes, I think about my bator full of eggs all the time. I read on here lots to find out anything that I possibly don't know yet.

4. lovin'mychicks

lovin'mychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Central Alabama
    Quote:ChicksNHorses~ I see you are from AL too! If you decided you do want "help" sometime, I am here! [​IMG]

5. Chicks_N_Horses

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    LOL

Where in Al are you? I'm in Andalusia.

6. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Cool we are looking at a property south of Opp. We could be neighbors. I could use a friend when we get there to get me started with chicks, etc.

Nancy

7. Chicks_N_Horses

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Really. Opp is just 15-20 min from me.

That would be neat, to find a buddy on here that loves chickens that lived close to me.

We can all start our Hatch-a-holics-Anonymous [​IMG]

8. Peeper7

Peeper7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    Quote:I told my hubby the same thing. When I told him I was nuts -- he calmly replied "But dear.....you can't go BEYOND nuts..."
    somehow I find that comforting.
    He was not so happy however when I woke him up to see embryos moving in the shell.... he's not sharing my addiction.

9. Peeper7

Peeper7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    [​IMG] Well, fellow addicts (I don't know how I can be an addict yet because I have not had a hatch) since my first hatch failed I have the next batch going to hatch mode tonight. ALL of them are very active with nice large blood vessels.....are large vessels a good thing? I feel confident but I know so much can still go wrong.

Pleeeeze offer all of your last-minute hatching tips to help these lil chicks to do well. Thanks so much. Valerie [​IMG]

10. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I am not sure that therapy should also DRIVE us NUTS.

Because failed hatches tend to. And successful hatches addict us further. And failed or successful for some reason, we just slide further into the insanity.

I was done, then I found eggs from a chicken whose eggs I hadn't hatched yet (off colored). Well, gotta know what comes out of those...

And then I see the lady with the Gold Cuckoo Marans eggs I want will have eggs... And someone contacts me about show Partridge Rock eggs... and it's off to the races DESPITE the already full bator...

LOL. I'm in so deep I figure if I keep shoveling I'll just come out on top of the other side of the world. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by