bator watching is sooooo addictive.....right?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lilbreeches, Feb 24, 2009.

1. lilbreeches

lilbreeches Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Delight, AR
    ok so what makes this such an addiction? [​IMG] my kids and hubby are not addicted like me. its just me. i walk over and look at the bator like a zillion times in a day. knowing we are only on day 4. candled a few today and actually saw ones heartbeat. now my boys just LOVED that. saw others veining. so exciting! it makes me want to just sit and hold each one and give it some love [​IMG] . my little hova bator is full right now and I have some eggs coming soon (I hope, from a byc member) and duck eggs from ebay. now i have to go to my uncle and beg for the right to borrow his unused bator. why can i not control the urge to hatch, hatch, HATCH [​IMG] !!!!! I have to avoid the sales forum so as not to order MORE eggs! so, just wondered if anyone has a true reason this is such an addiction? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    I am bad too. my husband says leave them alone you are spending hours looking in there.. on day 21 i am bad!!!! [​IMG] family knows make your own dinner that day [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I love to set and watch them hatch so cute from pip to zip exciting

4. Scratchn By

Scratchn By Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    East Texas
    The miracle of life! You are in control of those little peep's destiny. Getting the incubation right, brooding, feeding/watering, nurturing... So, when they grow up and gather at your feet (for food of course...), you know you've accomplished something. Hmm... Pretty deep![​IMG][​IMG]

5. LilDucky85

LilDucky85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    I attempted to hatch two duck eggs last October, and I remember how addicting egg watching was. I would sit there for like half an hour before I went to bed, and just make sure everything was perfect!

I actually killed my one egg because I saw the heartbeat for the first time and couldn't resist but keep watching it. Then I had to of course show my family which didn't help. The next day it died. I think I cooked part of the egg with the light bulb I used to candle the egg. I was blessed to even see the heartbeat though!!

I'm glad its not only me. BYC is more than fun, its my new hatching support group!! [​IMG][​IMG]

6. lostsoulhelpmejebus

lostsoulhelpmejebus Incubating Fool

Sep 23, 2008
    Roanoke, Illinois
    It is very addictive!!! But, luckily for me, hubby is just about as bad...it hits him on day 18 when the eggs get taken out of the turner. We even have his and her flashlights!
    [​IMG]

7. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    and it gets worst the more fuzz butts you hatch out, just got to help them chickens take the world over!!!!!!

8. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    If you find the antidote please let me know.[​IMG] Because I'm addicted. [​IMG] But it's FUN!!! [​IMG]

9. lilbreeches

lilbreeches Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Delight, AR
    k well last night everyone in the house got on board with me on the 'addicted chicken train'. LOL i candled last night (day 4) and you could actually see some little wigglers and a couple heartbeats. the hubby and kids were enchanted. of course i was already drooling....I AM READY FOR FUZZY BUTTS!!!! but patience i do and must have. now just to wait a bit. [​IMG] right now we have 25 good ones [​IMG] and 6 not sures. due the 13th of march.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Scratchn By

Scratchn By Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    East Texas
    GAZE INTO THE CRYSTAL BALL![​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by