BATORS WARMING UP!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SamG347, Feb 26, 2008.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    I have 15+ Jumbo Cortunix eggs coming in the mail probably arriving at the end of the week! Looking forward to having quail again and raising these birds. Plan to raise them for eggs...and hatching eggs. And will probably hatch and raise some birds for meat. I had bobwhite before....but they were true to the species...WILD. So I wanted to try some of these. And I have 150lbs of gamebird starter from the pheasants I had last summer that is still good....so thought I might as well use it. Bator has been warming up the past 2 days and it is holding at 99.5 which is the recommended temp for forced air bator.
    Will post plenty of pics....and Im really excited! Quail chicks during spring break...pullet chicks on my B-day!
    [​IMG]

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Good luck! I just put my last two eggs into the hatcher, can't even tell if they are alive the shells are so dark on these two. Now I must take a break and live through the rest of you for a little while [​IMG]

3. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Thanks! Good luck to you as well. Dont you just love those dark eggs! They are deffinetly the easiest things to candle dont yah think [​IMG] Im really looking forward to having eggs in the bator again!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by