Bats!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EweSheep, Aug 8, 2009.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Dont get me wrong, I love them, only when they are outside.

I found one dead bat inside the furnace on the floor and we are totally stumped how it got into the furnance.

Our chimney is about a good two foot away in exhaust pipe. The furnance is in the basement. We have two main floor cold air intake and all the heat/cooling comes from our vents on the main floor.

The chimney has a cover and mesh so how in the world did this bat come inside of the furnance????????????

One time a few years ago, we had a flying bat coming in from the basement into the main floor that we caught and let loose outside.

We checked under the eaves, under dormers, anything small of a crack that can be accessed to a rat we found nothing.

Dont tell me we got bats in the chimney!!! (I know, we looked and there was nothing down there).

2. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    ain't nothin' to worry about, they eat skeeters!

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I know they eat skeeters but in the house, nope and I have an indoor cat and a very curious 5 year old daughter.

I do not kill bats, they serve their purpose out there but not IN the house.

4. Rosalind

Rosalind Songster

Mar 25, 2007
    Only needs a tiny crack in the ductwork. A smallish bat can probably get in through the heat registers, if it managed to get in the house. We have bats that live underneath a fascia board under our eaves, in a space about 3/8" wide.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: