battery automatic pop doors

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Sammimom, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Sammimom

Sammimom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Sammamish,WA
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  2. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Looks good but would be too expensive for me because i have a triplex coop with 3 poop doors. I've been considering going to a junk yard and getting electric car window openers. Then running them off a timer and powered by a car battery with a solar charger. Just a thought and for now i'm still tromping thru the mud and rain. LOL

3. tiiiim

tiiiim Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2009
    UK
    Have a look at this mega thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=99668&p=1

If you have time, there's a million ideas for making something much cheaper - 150 quid is a load of money for a motor and a timer....

EDIT: Sorry, 150 quid (US$240) for a motor and light sensor, it's 195 quid (US$310) for a motor, timer and light sensor.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  4. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    I bought a new automatic car antenna, a transformer and 2 timers, with plans to make my own. I finally gave up and bought one of the expensive ones. The bad news is I wasted the money on the unsuccessful attempt. The good news is I bought mine used from a kind BYC forum member who gave me a great deal. It works fantastic!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by