Battle for Survival - African Wild dog RP (Needs players!!) *Restarted*

OrpieLover31

Crowing
7 Years
Nov 5, 2012
Earth
Battle for Survival

Less than 5,000 African wild dogs still roam the open plains and savanna. Many of them are loners, or lost their entire family from poachers and farmers. Sometimes they are exposed to diseases, most fatal. Farmers kill many wild dogs fearing that they will slaughter their livestock. Poachers hunt most of their prey, leaving them hungry.
The struggle for life here is very real. They must fight for territory and food to stay alive. Unfortunately most African wild dogs don't make it to be a year old. During these rough times packs become more savage, usually attacking and killing their neighbors. They grow more hostile towards wild dogs that they don't know. Wars do happen, and they almost always end tragically. You'd be lucky to even join a pack. Only the strong and brave survive, so you must be prepared.
Can you survive this unforgiving and harsh world? Will you find a pack and work together? Or will you live solo, struggling to make kills and find shelter?

Rules:

All BYC rules apply

Whatever I say goes
I'm the only one who can change the plot. If you have any ideas please ask me first!

No God moding and Power playing
Please do not control anybody's character, that gets annoying. Also no characters that are impossibly strong and know everything. It becomes very boring.

No perfect characters
Your character/characters must have some flaws. Nobody is perfect!

Keep it PG-13 and below
I don't want to know any details when one of your characters mate or give birth.

Be realistic
An African wild dog cannot fight an entire pack without coming out with an injury. Wounds do not heal overnight. Also one wild dog cannot kill an adult antelope, zebra, gazelle, impala or wildebeest on their own. They can however hunt smaller game such as rodents and birds on a solo hunt.

Try to minimize one liners as much as possible
I understand if you get writers block, but please try your best. Its much more interesting and fun to read detailed paragraphs.

Language
I will allow some cussing, but please don't use them in every sentence. That gets extremely frustrating. Also please try to use descriptive words and proper punctuation. I understand if you make a few errors every now and then, but I suggest that you reread what you have written to prevent them, or better yet, get someone to read over your work to seek out possible mistakes.

African wild dogs only!
I will not accept any other species of animal. This is a African wild dog RP.

When talking out of character, use ( )

Have fun!

Packs
There are three main packs. But I will allow up to two or three smaller packs. Just ask me if you want to make one. Make sure you come up with a name for the pack and the alphas.

Kwando-Lagoon Pack
Kwando-Lagoon pack is a much calmer group of wild dogs. They are more gentle towards new members and almost always willing to accept loners into their pack. These dogs are excellent swimmers and strong hunters.

Vundu Pack
Vundu pack members are all strong and cruel. They are masters at revenge and always looking for a fight. These dogs prefer to fight it out than talk. Rarely accepting new members in their pack, its best that loners keep their distance.

Sosian Pack
Sosian pack is a rather fiery bunch of dogs. They don't "try" to start wars, but sometimes words slip out of their mouths. Once a battle is started they don't usually back down, making them tough competitors.

Ranks

Alpha (1-2)
There are usually two in a pack, but sometimes there is only one. These two are the breeding pair and the most dominant in the pack. They are the dogs that make all the decisions and rules.

Beta (1-2)
They are in charge when the alphas are not around. There is one of each gender, they may or may not be mates. If the alphas die they become the new leaders.

Delta (1-2)
These are younger dogs in training to become the next pair of beta's in the pack. There is one of each gender.

Warrior (unlimited)
They are the ones specially trained to fight in wars. They need to be brave, quick to react and strong.

Patrollers (2-3)
They are the dogs that keep a close eye out for anything suspicious. They have to watch out for other packs or predators. They must be alert and quick.

Hunters (unlimited)
They are the ones that hunt for the entire pack. Usually in groups of six or more, they need to be strong and agile.

Omegas (unlimited)
They are the lowest ranking dogs and are picked on by the others. Sometimes they are driven out of the pack if food is becoming harder to find. Omegas eat last.

Pups (unlimited)
They are under the age of one year old and are usually born to the alpha pair. Sometimes other members of the pack are given permission to have or adopt pups.

Pup watcher (1)
They have to watch the pups when the pack is gone. They are also held responsible if one gets lost or injured in their care. Usually the entire pack helps take care of the pups, even if they don't belong to them.

Spies/Scouts (1-2)
They are responsible for going into other packs and territories to see whats going on. They also keep an eye out for any leftover food.

Messengers (1-4)
They often have to risk their lives to deliver important messages to a pack.

Healers (1-2)
They have the knowledge of plants and natural resources to heal and even cure pack members.

Form:

Name:
Pack:
Mate/crush:
Pups:
Family:
History:
Personality:
Picture/description:
Other:
Username:

Setting
This setting takes place in Botswana Africa. You'll find lots of water. Wherever there is water there is going to be plenty of prey. But that depends on who's there first. There are lions and Hyenas, so you have to be careful where you hunt. Most of the prey on your territory are constantly disappearing because of poachers. So you do have to wander out every now and then to get a meal.

African wild dog facts!

The scientific name for the African wild dog means "painted wolf". No two wild dogs have the same markings, which makes them easily identifiable as individuals.

Unlike many other species, once they reach maturity it is the males that stay within their natal pack while females migrate and join new packs.

Pups that are old enough to eat solid food are given priority at a kill, even over the dominant pair.

The dogs have a peculiar rather playful ceremony that bonds them for a common purpose and prepares each hunt. They start circulating among the other pack members, vocalizing and touching until they get excited and are ready to hunt.

When feeding, they lack aggression towards each other and share the kill; even with members who may not have been involved in the actual hunt.

The entire African wild dog pack shares responsibility for protecting the pups, with both males and females babysitting the young.

Member page: Battle for Survival - RP Page

Last edited:
Name: Kala
Pack: None
Mate/crush: None
Pups: None
Family: Dead
History: Her parents were killed by poachers and has lived alone since
Personality: Brave, fast, and smart. She never backs down from a fight.
Picture/description:

Other: Want to join Kwando-Lagoon
Username: DarthLayer

Name: Kala
Pack: None
Mate/crush: None
Family: Dead
History: Her parents were killed by poachers and has lived alone since
Personality: Brave, fast, and smart. She never backs down from a fight.
Picture/description:
Other: Want to join Kwando-Lagoon
Username: DarthLayer
(Great, accepted! I'll make my characters in a moment. Do you want to start over?)

Name: Daudi
Pack: Kwando-Lagoon pack
Mate/crush: Whoever is the alpha female
Pups: None yet
Family: His brother is Foluke. Sadly his parents are no longer with him.
History: TBR
Personality: Daudi is fearless and protective. Usually you'll find him keeping an watchful eye out for any enemy packs. Whenever something bad does happen he is always there to fight back. He is a skilled fighter, which is what helped him become the alpha of the Kwando-Lagoon pack. Although being his friend has many perks, there are some downsides to it. He does get frustrated rather easily and can have a really nasty temper. It is best to stay on his good side.
Picture/description:

Other: He has many dark secrets
Username: OrpieLover31

Name: Foluke
Pack: Vundu pack
Mate/crush: Whoever is the alpha female
Family: He has a younger brother named Daudi, but they don't get along very well and are in different packs. His parents are unfortunately deceased
History: TBR
Personality: Foluke is ruthless and cold-hearted. It is said that he doesn't care about anybody's feelings, even though some of it is true, he does care about his pack and thats about it. He is fiercely loyal to his pack and would do whatever it takes to protect all his pack-mates. Once you get to know him a little better you would quickly see how caring he really is, you just have to dig deeper. He is what some call rough, tough, and mean, and that is very true.
Picture/description:

Other: He has many terrible secrets.
Username: OrpieLover31

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom