Bawwwwkkkkk bok bok and acting strange.

KFox

Songster
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
I'm not quite sure what is up with my Golden Comet girl. She hasn't laid her first egg yet and she could be due anytime. I wasn't given her exact age-but she was a "teenager" when I got her last month.

She keeps walking around like she is lost making the bawwwkkkk bok bok and repeating it over and over. Other than looking like she's lost there isn't anything wrong. She's been dusted and eats/drinks well.

Could it be that she is ready to have her first egg?

You're gonna get an egg today.
clap.gif

maybe shes a talkative girl, my hen sugar bear is a real drama queen. she bacaws when she done laying an egg, when she wants out of the coop, when shes lookin for one of her friends, and sometimes it seems for no reason... the others make their noises but not like sugar bear
smile.png

She has decided to nap with my pregnant goat today. I don't even know how that is happening. My goat hasn't let the chickens near her since she got pregnant. Now they are chumming up in the corner. Weirdo's.

I will take egg pictures for sure.

My talker is Spiro. She's a Production Red and she never shuts up. She has to let everyone know what she's doing all the time. Her chatterbox usually sounds like cluck cluck bawk cluck bawk.

does she have a buddy? i know they like to hang out in cliques sometimes, if her buddys out of sight the wandering around bawking could maybe be her lookin and calling out for her buddy

Back
Top Bottom