Bay area CA-I need a good home for my rooster=( QUICKLY!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rebecca10782, Jul 22, 2008.

1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    My parents live in Alameda and we decided to get some chickens. We ended up with a rooster (Lucifer), and our neighbors are not happy. Lucifer is not happy because we are having to transfer him to the bathtub all alone everynight [​IMG] I am very bonded with him and will only find him a home nearby so I can visit. I live in Dublin. I am hoping to find someone around Livermore. I know that is a bit of a stretch, but I really love him. He is a very sweet boy, and beautiful. He is a Brahma/Cochin mix, so he will be a big guy. He is about 4-5 months old. He has got his cock-a-doo down, he has not completely got the hang of it, but he is loud =/ So, I wan't to find someone who has enough land, so he will not have to be given away agian. Here are some pictures. This was a few weeks ago, his tail is now turning dark and he has lighter feathers mixing in with his buff body feathers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a baby picture [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  2. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    Anyone?

3. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    Anyone? Please [​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    OH I hope you get a taker! I would take him if I were close to you. He is a beauty! I DO hope you find a home for him! Did you try posting him in the feed stores in your area? Or list him in your local paper?

5. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  6. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    Thank you everyone for your help, I do want to find him a family though. I thought I had found a perfect home for him. This woman was telling me how much she loves her animals and all she does for them. I was so close to giving him over to her. Then in the middle of our conversation, she tells me that one of her rescue hens was very broody and she tried to push her off her eggs, the bird bit her and she said "I backhand the damb thing and then I snapped her neck". This woman was not joking! I have to be extremely carefull now. I'm thinking if I could build a coupe with excellent insulation, mabye nobody will hear him in the morning. I love my little guy to much to risk giving him to some freak like that.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  7. verycherry

verycherry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    Oh my! I know you were happy to get out of there, and fast. I'm so glad you didn't give him to her. I have a Cochin boy too, and love him so much, so I can relate. I sure wish you were in the good ol' USA. Best of luck to you finding him a nice loving family......or a new soundproof coop!

8. verycherry

verycherry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    Oh, you're in the USA, but not near me at all. I saw Dublin and thought Ireland, lol!

9. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    He's so very adorable...........put your thinking cap on and figure out a way too keep that precious boy [​IMG]

10. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Next time you're in Alameda, go to Beverly's craft store, etc. and ask for Margie ...she was looking for a roo for her little flock of birds not too long ago. She is not particular about the breed, at all.

I was thinking of rehoming my BenBen with her, at one point ..but I just couldn't part with my sweet boy! [​IMG]

I hope you find a home for Lucifer ..he is handsome!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by