Bay area, Fort bragg, Willits, Ukiah, Sacramento, Tracy, CA or Reno

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SunnyDawn, Oct 19, 2009.

1. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Quote:I think it's gonna take forever for April to get here! [​IMG]
    Right now we have 5 extra Blacks (the person who cancelled had ordered Blacks), 2 extra wheatens, and 1 silver, though John Blehm says he may substitute an equal or higher priced variety if he doesn't have enough of one variety hatch. I'm OK with taking a substitute or 2. I sent the email with the attachment to your email address.
    I'm just so excited!!! It's gonna be a long wait for me, but it will give me time to build a new brooder before the babies get here. [​IMG]:jumpy

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

APRIL? [​IMG]

Goodness that seems so far away - 5 months. I am so excited. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Might take an extra or two -- if you twist my wing really hard. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I would love to have the wheaton ones and the silver one. I already have blacks. Please let me know where this order stands now.

I didn't see any prices mentioned.... How much money are we talking here per chick ?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  4. SunnyDawn

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Quote:You are so funny! You weren't looking for ameraucanas to start with. [​IMG]

5. HorseFeatherz NV

Quote:I know, but I keep thinking - what if I get three roos? I do not mind a roo or two, but I really want some pullets for blue eggs. So maybe this is my sign that I need a couple more. (then I started thinking about olive eggers)

6. SunnyDawn

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Quote:I'm sorry enola, we can't get them to South Carolina. Shipping so few chicks is a bad idea since there aren't enough in the box to stay warm. FYI The chicks run from $6.50 ea to 7.50 (includes shared shipping costs and vaccination) depending on variety. If you want to order some from John blehm and share the order with folks in your area you can go to ChickHatchery.com, he is in Birch Run, Michigan but only sells in lots of 25. Good Luck!

7. SunnyDawn

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Quote:I know, but I keep thinking - what if I get three roos? I do not mind a roo or two, but I really want some pullets for blue eggs. So maybe this is my sign that I need a couple more. (then I started thinking about olive eggers)

That was my rational for getting 7 when I only wanted 2 or 3. Which ones do you want?

8. HorseFeatherz NV

Quote:Can I think about it a bit? If others pick then I will just pick from the left over colors. (probably the blacks, but the wheatons interest me also - lucky me would end up with 2 wheaton roos)

9. pluckypecker

pluckypecker Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2009
    woooooo babies!! [​IMG]

10. SunnyDawn

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Can I think about it a bit? If others pick then I will just pick from the left over colors. (probably the blacks, but the wheatons interest me also - lucky me would end up with 2 wheaton roos)

No problem. Take your time. If we don't get rid of them all I can always sell them for more money once they are older.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by