Bay area, Fort bragg, Willits, Ukiah, Sacramento, Tracy, CA or Reno

WILLITS, BABY!

Not living there anymore, unfortunately... just shocked to see my town's name mentioned.
big_smile.png
My mum lives there, I will have to ask her.
big_smile.png

~Cherlyn

Quote:
Yea, delivering chicks to England won't work.
lol.png
I think we are sold out anyway, until I get deposits I can't be sure but they are all tentatively spoken for at this point. My oldest and youngest kids live in Fort Bragg (what a drive from Reno). How are you adjusting to the change in local?

Quote:
Yea, delivering chicks to England won't work.
lol.png
I think we are sold out anyway, until I get deposits I can't be sure but they are all tentatively spoken for at this point. My oldest and youngest kids live in Fort Bragg (what a drive from Reno). How are you adjusting to the change in local?

England is a lot like northern CA. We actually lived in Okinawa for the last 5 or so years, and Mississippi before that, and TX before that... military, moving a lot.
smile.png

~Cherlyn

Well at least you get to see the world! I've never been out of North America (unless you count Hawaii, I guess it counts since it's not part of the continent
hmm.png
).

Hawaii counts. I got married there, and was assigned there briefly, and then once to visit... pretty much like a different country.
smile.png
Alaska counts too.

~Cherlyn

England is a lot like northern CA

Yeah, but living an hour out of Willits (a trip to Willits is "going to town!"), I would have to say that the climate is waaaay different than anywhere I've been in England! I love the hot summers. But it does leave my poor chickens panting!

Sunny Dawn, If you decide to do another order in the future, keep me in mind!​

Don't know how I lost track of this thread for a few weeks, but it's good to see that all the chicks are spoken for. April seems SO far off right now, but when I think about building a new double or triple coop/run set-up for the new chicks I'm sure the time will pass before I know it!

Sunny, thanks again for this on and giving us the chance to get smaller batches of JB's chicks. It was good talking with you by phone and I'm looking forward to meeting in person. I'm still planning on driving over the hill to Reno to pick the chicks up when they arrive as I like the drive to Reno better than the drive to Sacramento!

Quote:
Yeah, but living an hour out of Willits (a trip to Willits is "going to town!"), I would have to say that the climate is waaaay different than anywhere I've been in England! I love the hot summers. But it does leave my poor chickens panting!

Sunny Dawn, If you decide to do another order in the future, keep me in mind!

Hi PatS, I will. I will also let you know if anyone chages their mind on this current order. Thanks.

Quote:
Awesome! I'm looking forward to meeting you too! He usually ships on Mondays and our order is scheduled to ship April 19th (as you know) with overnight shipping (although he said to be prepared to receive them earlier or later). Chicks should be here on tuesday the 20th. We are planning on leaving the following friday, around 11am, to deliver the babies to everybody, so if you could be here before we leave that friday that would be great.

Otherwise we can just bring yours back with us when we come back on Sunday. You have lots of time still to make arrangements. Although the waiting is torture!!! I do have some work to do as well before April but I'm going to wait 'til after the holidays are over.
tongue.png

Spring is in the air (at least in California!!!) and I am getting excited about our chick order from John Blehm! I am down for 5 wheaten ameracauna chicks BUT I will take any chicks that get unclaimed (because someone couldn't take them or whatever).

Yipee!

Back
Top Bottom