Bay area, Fort bragg, Willits, Ukiah, Sacramento, Tracy, CA or Reno

Quote:
Me too! Am I the only one that feels like the days are crawling by? I am so excited for our babies to get here. Looks like, between HorseFeatherz and NapsWithChickens, we are covered if there are any extra unclaimed chicks!
It doesn't look like spring at all here in Reno yet but I am sooooo ready. I'm getting a little tired of the snow.
April, April, April...

Good question! I downloaded picks of the different varieties we ordered so that I would know which were which but I hadn't given it much thought beyond that. How should we do this? Any ideas?

maybe you can assign them a number as they come out of the box. (not sure how you would mark them, though). Then maybe we could each have a turn at choosing a number until they are all chosen. You would have to let us know which numbers are which colors.

Any other ideas?

I think that's a great idea. I'll do some research on easy ways to mark them temporarily. Thanks for that suggestion. If anybody else wants to chime in, feel free.
caf.gif

I am splitting an order and we are going to do it playground style. I pick one, she picks one, I pick one, she picks one, etc. You could draw numbers for who goes first. We aren't doing that. I am going first!
celebrate.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
omg How did I miss this thread!!!
I'm in Santa Rosa, well Windsor mailing address, but actually in between; so if you have extras, I'm right next to Hwy 101, so I can meet you on the road right past the Airport Blvd exit.
I love Lavender anything, but will buy whatever's left.
jumpy.gif

Sunny,
Ask John Blehm to mark the chicks for us. That way you know FOR SURE which type is which.
thumbsup.gif

(I always band them by color as soon as I open the box. I had one never-to-be-repeated messed up hatchery order between six of us several years ago.
he.gif
I knew which was which as they came out of the box, but I swear, they do-si-do'd their markings, rubbed them off and all became clones because half an hour later, I couldn't tell what half of them were.
hu.gif
We were frustrated with each other and ended up with wrong chicks. Although we worked it out, it left a bad taste in my mouth.
sickbyc.gif
Ugh!)

On another note, I have been hoping that I will 1. have sold my house, 2. bought a new one and 3. have a chance to build a new chicken coop by April. (I have, um, 5, coops now... )
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom